1. How to get there: This destination is located at the Pamuc community near the road leading to Quixal hydroelectric, 26 km from the city of San Cristobal Verapaz, Coban 48 km and 136 km of Guatemala City. To reach this place visitor have to take a Monja Blanca bus that departs from Zone 1 at Guatemala City. From Coban, take a bus from the company Flor de mi Tierra to San Cristobal and then another one until you reach Pamuc.
2. Ecosystem: The hostel is located at an altitude of 1,485 m, in a protected area, surrounded by a cloud forest where there is great biodiversity. Although the area can be visited throughout the year, the most favorable period is from January to October.
3. Tourist attractions: Among the natural attractions are stunning mountains, Chixo River, an area where three rivers with waters of different shades converge, a waterfall and a hammock bridge that can only be crossed walking.
4. Tourist activities: Nuboso Hostel offers visitors walks through the woods in the company of local Maya guides, flora and fauna observation and participation in ancestral ceremonies and handicrafts manufacturing.
5. Tourist services: The communities offer tour guides, food and lodging. Travelers can visit ceremonial centers, craft workshops and learn about Mayan culture and worldview.
6. Suggested tour package: We offer 2 packages, both in two days. For nationals, the price is about USD 22 and includes lodging and meals. For foreign the same package is billed USD 31, including also a cultural or nature activity. There is a special package for national and international volunteers working in community development projects at a cost of USD 15.50, including room and board only. As the cloud forest is a natural protection area, the entry is charged. To stay in the hostel, reservations are required at least a week in advance. It offers a 10% discount for groups over 30 people staying at least 4 days.
7. What to bring: Clothing should be adapted to a cold weather including gloves, wool hat and appropriate socks. In case you want to camp bring backpack, sleeping bag, raincoat, walking stick, water bottle, knife, torch and tent. For your protection bring personal first aid kit, since health centers are far apart.
8. Our organization: The hostel is run by a community group called Ethno-touristic Development Association for Environmental Conservation, founded in 2004 and composed of 36 families from several communities: Pamuc, Pampacce, Mexa Abaj, Panzal, San Sebastian el Refugio and Chipozo. These families are organized to lobby national and international organizations to receive the necessary support in carrying out its educational; health, infrastructure and tourism promotion initiatives aimed at improving their quality of life, opportunities for people and local economic development.
9. Booking information: For reservations, sales and travel information, call or write to:
- Phone: (502) 5908-7682 and (502) 7950-4359.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Juan de la Cruz and Ericka Cal.