1. How to get there: The restaurant is located at the Chichicastenango county, El Quiché department. To reach this destination take a bus from the city of Antigua, the journey takes 2 hours. From the capital city the bus trip takes 3 hours and half.
2. Ecosystem: The restaurant is at 2,071 m above sea level in the county, and there is no ecological system to emphasize.
3. Tourist attractions: Chichicastenango is famous for its traditional market, taking place on Thursdays and Sundays, days in which attend hundreds of vendors offering their colorful products to visitors. Chichicastenango has a very important cultural heritage, characterized by old churches, museums, mask factories, art galleries, Mayan ceremonies, dances and several festivities. In its surroundings visitors can find several attractions such as baths, trails, forests and mountains.
4. Tourist activities: The main activity carried out in Chichicastenango is visiting the artisan market, and then you can enjoy delicious local dishes at affordable prices in the restaurant Abaj Pascual Valley, which is open daily.
5. Tourist services: For now only food service is being provided at the restaurant. Plans are to provide other services such as: housing and recreation services for visitor’s enjoyment.
There are no tour packages currently available, since the only service offered is typical food.
7. What to bring: The place is a cold one during winter because of height, so it is advisable to wear warm clothing, especially between December and February. Bring comfortable shoes to walk through the market and the streets of the city, a raincoat, hat and sunscreen.
8. Our organization: The Coordination of Associations and Organizations for Integral Development (CASODI) emerged in 1997, after a process of coordination between various local organizations to promote the integral development of the local population. Among its main objectives are to promote the participation of women in social, cultural and economic consolidation of organizational processes; the political participation of citizens and the development of social and productive projects. The restaurant is part of the community organization and constitutes an additional means to generate revenue for the development of community projects.
9. Booking information: For reservations, sales and travel information, contact Pascual Abaj Valley Restaurant:
- Phone: (502) 7756-1672
- Fax: (502) 7756-1671
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Lucia Xirúm
- Address: 10th street 5-21, Zone 1; Chichicastenango, El Quiché, Guatemala.