1. How to get there & ecosystem: To know how to get here and learn about its ecosystem, please refer to Moskitia Route Ecotourism Alliance (LARUMO).
2. Tourist attractions: Raista butterfly farm, first opened in Honduras, prides itself on being one of the best available in the region.
3. Tourist activities: They are detailed in the packages described below
4. Tourist services: Raista offers lodging in a recently built house on the banks of Ibans lagoon, which enjoys a panoramic view of the lake and mountains. The house has eight bedrooms, with terrace, double and single beds, and mosquito net. The overnight stay costs USD 10 per person. The food price is USD 3 to 4 per person. Excursions fees vary depending on group size, ranging between USD 10 and 25 per person.
5. Suggested tour packages: We offer 4 packages of 1 to 5 hours, with walks through the lower region of the rainforest, where you will find howler monkeys. You can immerse in a calm and crystal clear stream on a canoe to watch parrots and monkeys, visit the butterfly farm, with a cocoons breeding, which are sent to different museums. In a special practice one learns the basic survival rules in the jungle, to answer the questions of: how to find food and water, orientation in the jungle, identify natural medicines and use of plants as insect repellents. At night, a group of women will provide a cultural evening with traditional songs and dances, transmitted from one generation to another one. You can also enjoy dinner at the beach beside a bonfire, listening to songs and stories of Miskito ancestors.
6. What to bring: To know what to bring, refer to LARUMO destination.
7. Our organization: To learn about the organization refer to LARUMO website.
8. Booking information: For reservations, sales and travel information, contact LARUMO:
- Phone: + (504) 427-6782
- Mobile: + (504) 3391-3388
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.larutamoskitia.com/
- Contact: Rachelly Merrifield