1. How to get there: This destination is located at Rancheria Community, Chinandega department. To reach the camp from Managua, take the express bus (leaving every half hour) from Israel Lewites market to Chinandega. Once in Chinandega, take a taxi or bus to Somotillo, get off at km 152, take the detour to the left and walk 2 km to the farm.
2. Ecosystem: The camp’s land is suitable for farming and agriculture, favored by Campuzano River which provides with water to the farms and other nearby communities. Given the warm climate and abundance of water in the area bananas and vegetables are grown.
3. Tourist attractions: Nearby the camp you can visit tourist attractions such as rivers, volcanos, a historic farm, and vegetable and tubers plantations.
4. Tourist activities: Visitors can walk, horse ride through Campuzano farm and bathe in a pond formed by four natural pools (70 m. long and 15 m. wide), whose sources are from Campuzano River.
5. Tourist services: The camp has guided services, food and lodging in tents.
6. Suggested tour package: The Cooperative offers a 3 day package called “Between water and fire”, during which visitors can bathe in the warm waters of the natural pools, enjoy Tigre lagoon, share with the communities and climb Cerro Negro, Pilas and El Hoyo volcanoes. The price for this package varies depending on group size: USD 362 per person and USD 2,174 for groups of six people. Refer to RENITURAL web page for details on the packages offered.
7. What to bring: Clothing should be adapted to a warm climate, including swimsuit, pants, long sleeve shirts and appropriate footwear to walk in. For protection bring sunglasses, hat or cap, sunscreen, insect repellent, personal medications and first aid kit.
8. Objectives of the organization: Campuzano Ecological Camp, a community tourism project belonging to the Ángel Garcia Vásquez Cooperative, was set up in 1997. It is composed of 20 members who are engaged in crop and livestock production, and the new tourism activities with the aim to increase and diversify their incomes.
9. Booking information: For reservations, sales and travel information, contact Campuzano Ecological Camp:
- Phone: (505) 8692-0348
- Contact: Miguel Ángel Sánchez and Víctor Manuel Rivera.
Also you can contact RENITURAL network offices of which they are members:
- Phone: (505) 2522-0465
- Cell phone: (505) 8629-1983
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.turismoruralnicaragua.com
- Address: one block from St. Jerome Church, in the old government building, second floor.