1. How to get there: This project is located in the municipality of Carabelas, state of Bahia, Northeast Region. You can access this destination taking roads BA-001 and BR-101.
2. Ecosystem: The region has two types of ecosystems: mangrove and reef.
3. Tourist attractions: Nearby to this area you find National Marinho Park Dos Abrolhos where you can observe a wide variety of flora and fauna.
4. Tourist activities: There are several activities you can develop at the mangroves and reefs such as bird watching, hiking, horseback riding, kayaking, sailing and fishing in rivers. You can share with local families to learn about their traditional lifestyle which is based on the use of local natural resources, and participate in cultural and traditional celebrations.
5. Tourist services: We offer food and craft sales.
6. Our organization: This venture seeks to improve the quality of tourism services provided by the community to diversify sources of income and local employment. Estudo Costeiros & Marinhos Association work with the community in order to develop new tourism products and train them in providing transportation services, agricultural production, food processing and handicrafts.
7. Booking information: For reservations, sales and travel information, contact Associação de Estudo e Marinhos Costeiro (ECOM):
- Phone: (73) 3297-1866; and (73) 9962-7928
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Address: Rua José André da Cruz 539, Nova Coréia, Caravelas, BA, CEP: 45.900-000, Brazil.
- Contact: Paulo R. C. Beckenkamp and Carlos A. F. Oliveira.