1. How to get there: This venture is located in Assaré municipality, Ceará state, Northeast Region. It is located 600 km from the capital Fortaleza and 90 km from the Juazeiro do Norte city. You can reach this destination through roads CE-060, CE-375 and BR-116, or by air via scheduled flights landing in Juazeiro do Norte.
2. Tourist attractions: The main attractions are abundant local flora and fauna, a dam, paleontology and anthropology museum, vernacular poetry and literature, the memorial Homem Kariri to the popular poet Potativa do Assaré.
3. Tourist activities: You can practice traditional fishing and canoe sailing, sharing with communities to learn about their culture. Participate in their agricultural activities and in their festivals.
4. Tourist services: Food services are offered based on regional cuisine and lodging for tourists in small hotels and inns.
5. Our organization: Residents of three member communities participate actively in planning, management and promotion of the tourism initiative, with the aim of generating new sources of income and sustainable employment for members of their households. A Management Committee has been set with 3 representatives of each community, in all 9 members. These initiatives are supported by Potativa do Assaré University and local groups of farmers and fishermen.
6. Booking information: For reservations, sales and travel information, contact Assaré do Patativa University:
- Phone: (88) 9927-0045; (88) 9966-4286; and (88) 3535-1091
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.universidadepatativa.com.br
- Address: Avenida San Francisco 173, Centro, Assar, CE, CEP: 63140-000, Brazil.
- Contact: Francisco Palace Leite.