1. How to get there: To access Estelí, take one of the buses that leave every 30 minutes from the Managua wholesale Market, in a two-hour trip.
2. Ecosystem: The ecosystem has a wealth of tropical dry forest. In the area there are several activities: farming and ranching areas and coffee plantations in the higher areas. The altitude ranges between 800 and 1,480 meters. The area can be visited throughout the year, the rainy season runs from May to January, and the cold one from November to January.
3. Tourist attractions: The area is characterized by its natural beauty. Visitors can enjoy the regions flora and fauna, learn about coffee production and appreciate the pre-Hispanic archaeological remains.
4. Tourist activities: Orchids and bird watching, visits to processing and tasting organic coffee, archaeological sites in the indigenous communities of La Pita, el Cebollar and Labranza; fishing in nearby lakes and horse riding, guided tour to the volcanoes mountain reserves.
5. Tourist services: Food and lodging in 20 family houses with capacity for 75 people, camping areas are available in different Jinotega areas, guidance.
6. Suggested tour package: There are no prearranged packages currently available.
7. What to bring: Clothing should be adapted to a warm weather, including swimsuit, towel and appropriate footwear to walk in. For your protection bring sunglasses, hat or cap, sunscreen, personal hygiene kit and insect repellent.
8. Our organization: Miraflor Forum brings together the initiatives of 20 tourism service providers that do not belong to the Miraflores Agricultural Cooperatives (UCA). Providers have been organized to offer their services through a common promotion and marketing operator. In return, each provider commits to provide a percentage of their profits to social projects in the community, driven by Miraflor Forum.
9. Booking information: For reservations, sales and travel information call or write to:
- Phone: (505) 713-7725
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: German Ramirez.